In a week that the Queen did her bit for Anglo-Irish relations, partnerships between German and Irish companies also bloomed at the “Heat and Power Generation with Renewable Energy” conference on Tuesday 17th May 2011 in O'Reilly Hall UCD attended by over 85 delegates.
12 German and Irish experts shared their expertise in the areas of bioenergy, CHP and heat pumps and over 65 meetings took place between the seven visiting German companies and potential Irish partners and clients. THe great news is that business has already been kick started on the back of this conference.
It’s clear from the conference that
- the areas of Bioenergy and CHP are “sleeping giants” in Ireland
- Ireland has major unexploited resource potential for bioenergy and especially anaerobic digestion. The fact that Ireland is the biggest beef exporter in the Northern Hemisphere and agriculture is one of the most dynamic element of the Irish economy indicates a great potential for Bioenergy and especially for anaerobic digestion in Ireland.
- bioenergy will play a significant role in Ireland’s future energy mix and in reaching the governments renewable energy targets especially in the heat and transport sector but also for electricity generation. It will be an essential element to helping Ireland become energy independent.
Some testimonials from delegates:
- “Met really relevant companies and got feedback on important renewable areas.”
- “Top class networking and wonderful array of expertise and information. Highly recommended. I’ve learned a lot.”
...and from the German companies...
- This event provided an excellent ratio of presentations, business meetings and insights into the Irish energy market. By way of the business meetings organised by you, we have received an extensive insight in the Irish energy market within a short period of time. We could not have done it faster or more intensively ourselves." Wendelin Knauss, HMS Bergbau AG, Mai 2011
- „We were introduced to and had very fruitful discussions with two interesting planning offices. .. Our objective on this trip was to make as many new contacts as possible and to introduce our product portfolio. We regard these as the first important steps to generating more business in Ireland in the future." Christoph Frey, Siemens Turbomachinery GmbH, Mai 2011
Presentations are now available to download: